The Lighthouse Auction is the Newburyport Education Foundation’s largest event of the year, raising over $100,000 that goes directly to the Newburyport Public Schools!
The 2019 Annual Lighthouse Auction will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2019 at the Nicholson Hall (7 Harris Street) from 6:00-10:00pm.
All proceeds from this year’s event will support the Newburyport Education Foundation’s 2019 Campaigns:
- District-Wide STEM Initiative – Phases 2 & 3
Phases 2 and 3 of the District-wide STEM initiative includes continuing the upgrades at the Molin Upper Elementary, Nock Middle School, and Newburyport High School with modern 21st century equipment. At the high school, students will also participate in a ground-breaking project to design a research station to study the Merrimac River.
- Wellness Initiative, providing innovation in physical education and wellness classes, counseling intervention and prevention programs, and restorative disciplinary practices.
- Literature enhancement via the summer reading program.
There are many ways to get involved:
- DONATE an auction item or experience. Examples include: sporting tickets and memorabilia, unique experiences, gift certificates, hotel stays, etc.
- ATTEND the auction with your friends and family! It is a great night out that includes a dinner buffet, cash bar, raffles and lots of BIDDING!
- BID on great items through our online auction, silent auction (mobile bid from our auction or anywhere) and live auction.
- VOLUNTEER to assist with the event. Email us at email@example.com to learn more about the volunteer opportunities still available.
- SPONSOR the event! The NEF has a wide marketing reach that includes:
- 3,500+ email address and highly successful click rate on e-newsletters
- Monthly Column in Newburyport Daily News
- 1,200+ Facebook followers and 600+ Twitter followers
- Streamlined new website that highlights our sponsors
- Ability to reach every family (2,000+) in the Newburyport Public Schools District via the Community Page of their website