The Lighthouse Auction is the Newburyport Education Foundation’s largest event of the year, raising over $100,000 that goes directly to the Newburyport Public Schools! All proceeds from this year’s event will support the Newburyport Education Foundation’s 2021 Campaigns:
- District-Wide STEM Initiative – Phase 3
Phase 3 of the District-wide STEM initiative includes continuing the upgrades at Newburyport High School with modern 21st century equipment, and new cross-curricular courses (e.g. Tech/Engineering and Math, Science and Math, Math and Art). Students will also participate in a ground-breaking project to design a research station to study the Merrimac River.
- Wellness Initiative, providing innovation in physical education and wellness classes, counseling intervention and prevention programs, and restorative disciplinary practices.
- Literature enhancement via the summer reading program and remote learning support.
- Advanced Studies, a dual-enrollment program with Endicott college allowing high school students to earn college credits.
There are many ways to get involved:
- DONATE an auction item or experience. Examples include: sporting tickets and memorabilia, unique experiences, gift certificates, hotel stays, etc.
- VOLUNTEER to assist with the event. Email us at email@example.com to learn more about the volunteer opportunities still available.
- BID on great items through our online auction from anywhere via your mobile or computer.
- SPONSOR the event! The NEF has a wide marketing reach that includes:
- 3,500+ email address and highly successful click rate on e-newsletters
- Monthly Column in Newburyport Daily News
- 1,200+ Facebook followers and 600+ Twitter followers
- Streamlined new website that highlights our sponsors
- Ability to reach every family (2,000+) in the Newburyport Public Schools District via the Community Page of their website