2020 has been a year like no other for public education, creating unprecedented need in the Newburyport Public Schools. Will you please consider including Newburyport Education Foundation in your year-end giving?
The NEF’s mission is to generate financial resources and community involvement to enhance education in our school system. For nearly 20 years, we have consistently met this mission with active fundraising and increased community engagement. We have helped meet 2020’s challenges in the following ways:
- Continued ongoing commitment to technology needs, enabling our schools to distribute 433 Chromebooks within 2 weeks of schools going remote in March.
- Funded a campaign that purchased and mailed 1,670 books to K-8 students; texts were used to build a remote literacy curriculum and created a shared experience while students were learning remotely.
- Facilitated purchase and distribution of 17 Chromebooks for high school students in need.
- Purchased 60 document cameras for the high school, enabling teachers to rapidly adapt curricula for a remote environment.
- Purchased equipment needed for students and teachers in the Remote Academy, a path for families who opt out of in-person instruction.
- Partnered with the literacy festival and the Anti-Defamation League on a community read for all high school students, to encourage discussion of issues of racism and equality in our country.
In a year where our large fundraising events are scaled back or cancelled, this appeal is more important than ever. Your gift will help provide an education that all our children deserve – as student of today and the citizens of tomorrow. Click here to Donate.
Thank you again!