The 2019 PORT Plank-A-Thon to raise funds for the Wellness Room will be on Thursday, February 7th from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at the Molin/Nock Gymnasium.
Special thanks to our Presenting Sponsor
and our Crimson Sponsors Colden & Seymour-Ear, Nose Throat & Allergy, Helium Design, Dr. Jeaniene Donovan Chiropractic, and ProForm Physical Therapy.
See below for instructions on how to sign up!
This fundraising initiative supports the NEF’s goal to raise funds to create a state-of-the-art Wellness Space for all students at the Molin Upper Elementary and Nock Middle School. Participants will attempt to plank for as many seconds as possible and their supporters can make a pledge per second or make a one-time flat donation. On the night of the event student’s times will be recorded and added to their pledge page. Supporters will receive an email with the pledge start and the total donation value as a confirmation prior to submitting the final pledge (adjustments can be made at this time). Grades 4-8 are encouraged to participate; in addition, we are inviting members of the community to plank in the spirit of competition by encouraging them to challenge another person or group. (Think a member of the fire department planking against a member of the police department, Crimson teachers versus Gold teachers, we’d love to get as many community members as possible!).
If you would like to participate in this event please use the below instructions to create your campaign page. You will only need to add a name and email address to begin fundraising!
- Go to https://pledgeit.org/for/port-plank-a-thon and click the “Create Your Campaign” button
- Register with an email/name or sign in
- In the Basic section, enter your name in the Name field along with your grade for example “Sarah Smith G4”
- In the Basic section, review the estimated number of seconds you think you can plank. It defaults to 60 seconds but this is too high or too low, adjust based on your goals
- Adjust your fundraising goal as desired
- Click the “Save” button and then click the “Launch” button
- Your campaign URL will be displayed on this page but you will also receive the URL via email. This URL is specific to your fundraising goals.
Share your campaign with family and friends by:
• Texting or emailing your URL; this will bring them right to your fundraising page
• Hitting “Share your campaign with the world” after you hit launch; this gives you the option of sharing it on Facebook or Twitter
• When you are on your campaign page, there are three “Share the Campaign” buttons on the bottom right which will allow you to share to Facebook, share to Twitter, or copy and paste the URL to send in an email or text.
• You can also forward the email you receive.
The goal of the Wellness Space is to create a state-of-the art space adjacent to the gym consisting of a warm up room, cardio/fitness room, and yoga/mindfulness room. This wellness space will be used by all students in grades 4-8, teachers and faculty to enhance learning opportunities and wellness practices in physical education, stress-reduction, and self-regulation.
Click here to learn more.