Our volunteers are the backbone of our success. Dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about enhancing the quality of education in the Newburyport Public Schools, our volunteers make a significant positive impact.
As our organization continues to grow through expanded fundraising efforts, volunteers are always needed and depended upon to help with these events and bring fresh ideas to the table.
How You Can Get Involved!
Serve on a Board Committee
Board committee volunteers are comprised of those that are interested in being more involved with the NEF. These committees monitor finances; raise awareness about our mission and organization; raise funds; and plan events.
There are 6 standing committees that need your help:
- Allocations & Finance – Reviews, recommends and oversees fundraising campaign initiatives along with being responsible for the annual budget, audit, and annual filings
- Alumni Relations – Connect with and engage NHS Alumni
- Business Coalition – Connects the school system with the local business community (Career Expo Series, Internship Opportunities, Grants, etc.)
- Development – Implements and oversee all fundraising efforts
- Donor Relations – Educates, Recognizes and engages current donors
- Outreach & Communications – Create support and understanding of the NEF’s mission within the greater Newburyport community
Join a Special Event Committee
Throughout the year, the NEF hosts special events to raise much needed funds for the Newburyport Public Schools. Our special events are only a success due to our volunteers! Special event committees are always looking for members with any of the following skills; logistics, event planning, coordinating volunteers, décor, entertainment, etc.
Help out at a Special Event
If joining a specific event committee is too much of a commitment, we are always looking for volunteers to: help out with day of tasks (set up, breakdown, registration, and check-out), solicit event attendees, sponsors and donations, event publicity and venue presentation.
Host an NEF Friendraiser Event
We are always looking for innovative events to help us tell our story and/or inspire members of the community to get more involved with the organization by donating time, services, goods and dollars.
Volunteer in the NEF Office or with Administrative Tasks
Volunteers are always welcome to assist with many office tasks including: copying, filing, word processing, stuffing envelopes, writing notes, etc.